Friday, July 6, 2007

Lightbulb Parenting Moment

I had one tonight. A "Lightbulb Moment of Parenting." Charlie has had a hard time getting to sleep these past couple nights. Tonight, like many nights, Charlie needed a hand on his back to help him get to sleep. He could be sawing logs, but as soon as I removed my hand from his back he would begin to stir. Teething makes everything so hard. Poor Guy.

Anyway, as I was standing next to the crib in the dark with my one hand lightly placed on Charlie's back I began to think a bean bag might do the trick. If he is just needing the sensory input of a little bit of weight on his back to keep him calm, why not try a bean bag? Well, we don't have any bean bags laying around, but... We do have a Beanie Baby! The Beanie Baby, a little dog, was near the crib. I was able to grab it quickly and place it on Charlie's back. He settled right down again and I haven't heard a peep. GENIUS! Oh, and he looks pretty darn cute with that little puppy dog on his back;-)

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Good one, Kim. Did you take a picture?

~Melissa~ said...

Good thinking! Sometimes that little extra weight is so calming, isn't it?

~Melissa~ said...

Good thinking! Sometimes that little extra weight is so calming, isn't it?

The Imperfect Christian said...

Um, can you come get mine to sleep in her crib, now that Charlie is good to go???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...