Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of School

Charlie and I had our first day of school yesterday. I am taking 6 units at the University to finish up my degree in Psychology. Charlie gets to go to the campus children's center for two hours while I go to classes.

My day was okay. I'm not thrilled to be back in school, but need to get this degree squared away. I'm taking two psych courses. Family Relationships in Contemporary Society (by choice), and Evolutionary Psychology (by requirment).

Charlie's day was fantastic. The minute we walked into his classroom he lit up. Toys, kids, FUN! First we washed his hands at a sink that was at his level. He stood on the floor while I helped him wash up. He thought that was pretty cool. Then we applied the sun screen, put his stuff in his cubby, and before I could even say good buy he had crawled off to play with another little boy. "See ya mom! Don't hurry back!"

He played outside for quite a while, and when I returned to get him he was sitting in a toddler size chair at a toddler size table drinking his milk. The teachers told me that he just had the best time. They said he did great. I knew he would. This is exactly the type of stimulation I was feeling he needed. I am very proud of him!

1 comment:

Christina said...

GOod luck with pursuing that degree! Does sound like Charlie had an awesome day! WTG little man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...