Friday, August 22, 2008

Bee Sting

Calvin, Charlie, and I were out running errands today. After an unsuccessful hunt to find Charlie a pair of shoes for school, I decided we should go out for a smoothie together. We arrived at our coffee shop. As I was putting Calvin in the baby back pack he started crying. I began to pat his back to console him thinking he was just getting tired of making so many stops. Our friend, Jen, who works at the shop noticed there was a bug on his face. I looked down to see a nasty yellow jacket in the process of stinging him next to his eye! Of course my mommy instinct kicked in and I manically swatted the mean old bug away. I think I killed it (with my bare hands!). Poor Calvin.

Instantly, the right side of his face turned red and started to swell up. Jen found some topical insect bite 'stuff' in the first aid kit at the shop. We applied the 'stuff' while another friend called the pediatrician to ask about giving him an antihistamine. By the time we had things under control (calmed Calvin down, formed a game plan) we had gathered a small crowd of 5 concerned women and 1 hovering little girl.

In the end, my sturdy little Calvin is just fine. He took a brief nap, after which he decided the best thing to do was go on as if the incident had never happened. Ata boy, Calvin. He has a nice little shiner to show for his bravery.

5 comments:

Bee Sting Cure said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Poor Calvin!!! I am glad he's ok!

Julie said...

What a trouper!  So glad he's okay.

Christina said...

Oh man! Glad to hear it all turned out ok!

SunflowerMom said...

Aww, poor Calvin! Glad he is fighting back, he must get that from Momma! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...