Sunday, September 28, 2008

Messy House

Messy House
it's not that I'm
ignoring you

I see you,
I feel you,
more than I let on

Messy House
I can hear you
whisper, beckon, shout my name

But I ask you:
What is a house wife to do?

I comfort babies at night
I run after toddlers by day
And, in the evening
when the children have drifted off to sleep
it's just you and me.

Messy House,
you are a mountain to be scaled
at 9pm when my body is heavy

I want you to be tidy
I long for womanly perfection

Messy House
your dishes and laundry
bury me in guilt.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I like your poems!

Andy and Ellen Stumbo said...

Kim, did you write that? I could not have written that, but it fits me perfect :)

Kim said...

Yep, It was me. I wrote it. I think a lot of women feel this way. Darn Brawny commercials make us feel so much less than perfect home keepers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...