Friday, January 23, 2009

And We're Back

We survived six days without Daddy. And a computer.

Ray had an amazing time at Estes Park. As hard as it is to let him go for a week, it is an essential time of refreshing for him. He gives and gives and gives, and gets no pay in return for all his work as a worship leader.

Raymond is an amazing husband and daddy. He gives at home by letting me sleep in (for a few minutes anyway) while he gets the kids going with breakfast. Then he goes to work for the day. After that he works either at home or at the coffee house to set up bands, coordinate schedules, worship practice, running sound for bands int he coffee shop, setting up art shows, leading worship. He does all this work from his heart. He truly cares for each person he works with and each person he helps along the way. But, he needs a break now and then to recoup. Estes Park is his break

I had a tooth pulled last week (I may have mentioned that a couple times!), and the healing was not going so well. Add to that we just moved. Add to that Ray being gone.

Well, I was BLESSED with a lot of help. First, Ray's folks practically camped out at my house last weekend to help with the boys. (Thank you Rod and Kathe!) Then on Monday my folks came into town for the week.

I was really dreading being alone all week with the boys, this awful tooth ache, and no one to help. Well, silly me for worrying. God had me covered. My family is amazing. My in-laws are amazing. This is what family and community is for. To help each other out when we have need. I definitely had a need, and what do you know, my amazing family pulled through for me. (Did I mention they are AMAZING!)

Anyway, just a quick update after the complaining in the last post.

More to come on the house and our brand new (to us) mommy-mobile later.

1 comment:

SunflowerMom said...

Yay! Glad you are settled in and back together. Estes Park is a wonderful place! I spent nearly every summer there growing up, my grandmother lived there. If you ever get a chance to go as a family you should grab it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...