Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The List

It was my hope to post something more interesting. Something with some fun pics of our new house, our beautiful boys. Alas, I can't find the camera cord to upload pics to the computer. It is somewhere in the mess of boxes I have yet to unpack.

In the mean time, I thought I would share with you the check list for Charlie's Physical Exam tomorrow. Raising a child with Down Syndrome is not without it's check lists!

Tests we need:

1. CBC, TSH, T4
(In english: Complete Blood Count, and two thyroid tests.)

2. Celiac Screening

3. AAI x-rays
(Atlantoaxial Instability)

4. Sleep Study to screen for OSA
(Obstructive Sleep Apnea)

Concerns I have:
1. Acid reflux not being controlled well.

2. Ongoing Diarreah

3. Low body temp (thyroid?)

4. Very dry, bumpy skin and brittle toe nails

5. Not getting a wide variety in his diet due to refusing to eat most things.

My Predictions:
1. I think his thyroid may have taken a dive this year.

2. I think the AAI screening will come back just fine.

3. I think the Celiac screen will come back fine.

4. I think the Sleep Study will show he does have OSA.

5. I think if we end up doing diagnostic testing for acid reflux it will show he has it. At the very least, I think the doctor will agree with me we need to increase his medication.

Okay, that's our list for tomorrows appointment. I will update you as to what we find out, when we find it out!

2 comments:

Terri said...

I'm so with you on this one.

5. Not getting a wide variety in his diet due to refusing to eat most things.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Bethany said...

Ai ai ai .. isn't it fun? Looks like the lists I have! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...