It was my hope to post something more interesting. Something with some fun pics of our new house, our beautiful boys. Alas, I can't find the camera cord to upload pics to the computer. It is somewhere in the mess of boxes I have yet to unpack.
In the mean time, I thought I would share with you the check list for Charlie's Physical Exam tomorrow. Raising a child with Down Syndrome is not without it's check lists!
Tests we need:
1. CBC, TSH, T4
(In english: Complete Blood Count, and two thyroid tests.)
2. Celiac Screening
3. AAI x-rays
4. Sleep Study to screen for OSA
(Obstructive Sleep Apnea)
Concerns I have:
1. Acid reflux not being controlled well.
2. Ongoing Diarreah
3. Low body temp (thyroid?)
4. Very dry, bumpy skin and brittle toe nails
5. Not getting a wide variety in his diet due to refusing to eat most things.
1. I think his thyroid may have taken a dive this year.
2. I think the AAI screening will come back just fine.
3. I think the Celiac screen will come back fine.
4. I think the Sleep Study will show he does have OSA.
5. I think if we end up doing diagnostic testing for acid reflux it will show he has it. At the very least, I think the doctor will agree with me we need to increase his medication.
Okay, that's our list for tomorrows appointment. I will update you as to what we find out, when we find it out!