Saturday, February 14, 2009

For My Valentine

Dear Raymond,

It has been 7 years and 7 months since I met you at my apartment. You were friends with some of my new roommates. I thought you were a nice guy, but pretty square with your tucked in shirt and wing tip shoes. I let it slide of course because you had a sweeeeet ride.

It has been 7 years since we became good friends. You stopped in for lunch a couple days a week, and we played cards. You rarely let me win.

It's been 6 years and a few months since you peeked my interest in that way. It wasn't long before we both knew.

It's now been 6 years since you asked me to marry you as we stood in the rain at the top of campus, on a January evening.

And it has been 5 and a half years since we made our vows on that hot July day in 03.

Raymond, I love you more than ever. Every year you grow as a husband and father. Every year you amaze me with your spirit and your devotion.

You love the Lord with all your heart and seek after him.

You adore your children, and take care to spend your precious time with them, be it early morning, after work, or middle of the night.

You love me with patience, tenderness, and grace.

In many ways this past year has not been kind or easy or ideal. We've both had a lot of stress, a lot of lows, a lot of question. But, Ray, I love the way we weather the storms together. I love that we can both hurt, yet still listen, understand, and help each other to our feet to press on. I like that about us.

My time with you, here on this earth, this is exactly where I am supposed to be.

Happy Valentines Day, My Love.

Kimberly

Photobucket

1 comment:

TnT said...

pass the kleenex please. very touching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...