(Okay, that last post was just about the longest post EVER! Here is a short simple post about the birthday boy.)
1. Calvin crinkles his nose up when he greets us in the morning.
2. Calvin refuses to eat anything pureed like baby food or yogurt.
3. At any given time there might be a Cheerio or two stuck to Calvin's bum.
4. Calvin wears size 18 month clothes.
5. Calvin started crawling at 7 months and taking steps at 11 months. We expect he will be a full fledged walker by the end of the month.
6. People line up at church to hold Calvin or make him smile. He is a popular guy in the community.
7. For breakfast Calvin usually has dry cereal and half a banana.
8. Calvin knows some sign language. He can sign dog, more, bird, elephant, all done, air plane, and baby.
9. Calvin also has a couple words. He can say mama, dada, and hat.
10. Calvin loves books!
11. Besides his words, Calvin has several sound effects. He makes engine noises when playing with vehicles. He squeaks to make the sound of a bird. He says "uff uff" to make the sound of a dog, and he sort of gargles to make the roar of a tiger.
12. Calvin has eight teeth, which he likes to have brushed every evening before bed.
13. Calvin has a couple nick-names: Calvee, Calvinator, Cal
14. Calvin worries that if he naps too long he will miss something fantastic.
15. Calvin has learned some pretty sweet dance moves from his brother.
16. Ever since he learned to walk, Calvin thinks he must be at least 2 or 3 years old.
17. Calvin often holds Charlie's hand when riding in his car seat.
18. Calvin's name means "little bald one." Who comes up with these things!
19. Calvin's middle name, David, was very nearly his first name.
20. Calvin is named after the cartoon strip character Calvin and Hobbes.
21. Calvin would rather not play by himself unless he feels like getting into mischief. In that case he usually acts alone.
22. Where's Calvin? Probably trying to climb into the bath tub! He loves taking a bath.
23. Calvin is a very light sleeper. If you so much as step on the creeky board in the floor, he will wake up.
24. Despite his 'little bald head,' Calvin refuses to wear a hat or hood, even on the coldest day.
25. Whatever Charlie's doing, Calvin wants to do also.