Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Post

I just wanted to make a quick post, as I've let the last week go by with out adding to this blog. It's not that things are slow. There is a lot to report. But that is just the thing. A person needs to be pretty quick to catch one the thoughts racing through my mind, and then wrestle with it long enough to set ideas in to words. It is a bit like a Rodeo (the writing) when I'm feeling so scrambled. Not that I really know much about Rodeo, but you know that one event where the cowboy races up to a scrambling calf, then jumps from his horse onto it's back and ties it up? Yeah. It takes a lot of energy and precision to do that, and I'm pretty spent by the time I have a chance to sit in front of this computer screen these last few days.

It's good stuff we are up to, though. We've been tending our garden. Planted our first ever Bean Tee Pee last week. Enjoyed a lovely visit from some far away friends. We attended an IEP review meeting to discuss Charlie's educational situation for next fall. Had a great hike with our boys in the Redwoods. We tickled the backs of banana slugs we found on logs. Charlie liked them a lot. Calvin wanted to take a bite. The boys have been going down the slide in the front yard again, and again, and again. I conquered a mountain of paperwork (perhaps the foremost reason that I feel so wiped out--oh, the life of an adult!), folded (ing) endless piles of laundry, washed a multitude of diapers after an unfortunate bout with a tummy virus. We've slept with a crabby baby in our bed, who needed lots of hugs as he dealt with some very painful gas (all better, now).

A bunch of little things that together make my life add up to something meaningful. A little ball of life I would hold so tenderly if indeed one could do that. Busy, but slow in many ways as well. (We can't move too quickly up here in Humboldt County. It would be unlike us.)

So this is what has been going on in my blogging absence, though I hope you repeatedly enjoyed the commercial about adoption as you've checked in the past week. I have been enjoying your beautiful blogs this last week. Loving all the pictures I see, the stories I read, the updates. Thank you. Pictures and 'Calvin and Charlie stories' to follow later this week.

2 comments:

datri said...

A bunch of little things that together make my life add up to something meaningful.That's so wonderful and true!

SunflowerMom said...

Good to hear the update! Sounds like the boys are filling your life up just right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...