Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Today was Charlie's first day of school for the new school year. It feels a little bittersweet.

Photobucket

Ray's not sweating it too bad, he is gone during the day anyway, but the fellowship of the brothers is broken up for now. I don't know if Calvin is relieved for a bit of piece and quiet, or wondering where his partner in crime is all day long.

Mommy is doing okay... I guess.

And, Charlie? Well, the kid has an amazing ability to "just roll with it" when it comes to things like this. I took him to class this morning, and he promptly hung up his lunch box, and jumped right back into the routine of things. He did give me a long wistful hug, a little reluctant to let go. And he watched closely over his shoulder as Calvin and I walked out the door.

Photobucket

That was 9am. Cal and I ran some errands after that, and went to the park. Now we are preparing pictures for Charlie's "All About Me" book for his second "typical" preschool that starts up tomorrow.

I have so many different things going on in my head about this school year and my sweet boy. Like I said, it is quite bittersweet. I wish things could feel perfect to me. Oh well, now we wait until the bus comes at 4:15pm.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a cutie!

That sounds like a long day! How much time does he spend at school per week?

Kim said...

On M,W,F he goes to special ed preschool that goes from 9 to 2:45, but the bus is supposed to pick him up at 7:55 and drop off at 4:15, so 8hours 20min! I like T & Th better. He goes to a typical preschool on those days that goes from 8 to 11:30. That preschool is in town, so I pick up and drop off.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

He looks SO cute!!!!

My name is Sarah said...

Charlie is adorable!!!! He looks so ready to go to school.

Stacy said...

Looks like he's all ready to do the school thing. Hope he enjoys his time there and I look forward to hearing about all his progress this year :) My boys start next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...