Saturday, January 8, 2011

Charlie is 5!

So I've been working on a slide show for Charlie's little 5th birthday party tonight (our family tradition). He's Five. Five! I can hardly believe my little tiny cupid baby is 5 years old today.



Oh Charlie. Life with you is sweet and puzzling and so full. I live for the moments that you come over to me, and shout "Kimma!" and throw your pudgy little arms around my neck. You have learned so many things in the last year. You can talk in sentences. You can tell jokes of your own invention. You imagination is vast, and your games are so inventive. You can ask for what you want. You can tell us how you feel.

Of course there are still challenges, Charlie. Things we need to work on. Like how 'bout starting to learn to use the potty in earnest this year? You can do it! I know that you can. You are clever boy. And how about let's work on helping you to put on your own clothes, okay? But you have to promise you will keep them on if I teach you to take the off.

Charlie, there are times after we've had a rough day together, and I just could not figure out what was bothering you, and your frustrations are running our home that I begin to wonder if I am doing a good job of mothering you. I feel so distant from your world sometimes. But I want you to know, I love you so much. I want to work on "getting" you better this year... But I'm still not going to let you get away with playing with what you shouldn't or only eating what you really want, just to be clear.

Ah, Buddy. What a Year! Happy Birthday, my big boy. You are so precious to me.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Charlie. We've never met, but your Momma is a big inspiration to me. One of the first Mommys I'd "met" when my little girl came home from the hospital with the same diagnosis. Its been so fun and encouraging to read about how you've grown and see your pictures. I know your Mommy and Daddy are so proud!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Karien Prinlsoo said...

Happy birthday Charlie. My God bless you this year and hold your hand during times when things are a bit overwhelming. I sooooo wish we could meet you personally. From Karien and Kallen (downsyn)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Charlie. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...