Monday, January 7, 2013

Seven Years Ago Tonight

Seven years ago tonight, we didn't know it, but our lives were about to change in a way we just could never have expected, asked for, or fathomed.


On January 7, 2006 we were eagerly counting down the days until our first child was due to arrive.  And on January 8 at 4 in the afternoon on a Sunday, God brought Charlie from my womb and into my arms.  Small.  Soft.  Beautiful.



 When I look at my boy, when I think about that day that he was born, every part of it somehow perfectly preserved in my mind... I am just so thankful we have him.  So, so, so thankful.



Tonight I am praising Jesus for Charlie.  For gifting him to us.  For the wonder and joy and challenge and change he sort of trails behind him wherever he goes.  I am thanking the Lord for making me a mom.  It was my number one dream come true, and still is.

What a boy.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...