Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Five. FIVE!

Dear Calvin,

How is it that you are five?  Five years old?

Calvin, I feel as if I've always known you.  You.  You who are a part of me.  You who are so much like me.  And like your dad.

 
The other day you said to me, "Mom... I just came into the world with a lot of questions."  And I love that about you.  The questions.  The curiousity.  Oh son, may your questions always find answers.

You are kind.  You are intuitive and sensitive.  You are sharp.  "Why is my memeory like a steel trap, again mom?"  You are funny.

Calvin, I could never have known how my life would change once you arrived.  And son, I don't think I am the only person in our family, in our extended family, in our entire community who could say the same thing.  You are a presence.  A thrill.  A joy.  You ask, and ask, and ask, and we come along on your adventure with you.  You are a leader.


You are five now!  Oh Calvin, it is just unfathomable.  So many new things are coming your way, son.  I am proud of you.  I am excited for you.  And I am so, so deeply happy to be your mom.

I love you to Mars and back, sweet boy.

Mama

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...